A toy that really thrives under pressure! Demonstrate the Boyle's Law relationship between pressure and air volume, and how air volume acts to regulate buoyancy. Requires water, a 2-liter soda bottle, and hands to squeeze it. Science in a soda bottle—with obvious ups and downs!
Two Cartesian Divers are available: Squidy (Catalog No. AP8721) and Hook (Catalog No. AP4548). Both kits are eye-catching variations on the classic cartesian diver!
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 540
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 269
You May Also Like
- Hook Cartesian Diver
- Cartesian Diver Construction - Super Value Kit
- Cartesian Diver Pump Cap "Fizz-Keeper"
- Balloon Needle Demonstration Kit
- Cartesian Diversions DVD
- Conservation of Mass and Buoyancy - Student Laboratory Kit
- Discovering Density - Looking for Patterns and Trends - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Build Your Own Hydrometer - Student Laboratory Kit
- Mass Is Conserved - Volume Is Not! Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Soda Bottle Physics Kit