Cool Reaction - Chemical Demonstration Kit, AP8896
Many reactions produce heat. In fact, when students think of chemical reactions, heat production is often expected. However, endothermic reactions, reactions which consume heat, can be just as exciting. One of the most striking examples of this is when the solids barium hydroxide and ammonium thiocyanate are mixed together in a beaker. Teacher Demonstration Notes included. Enough materials are included to perform the demonstration seven times.
Concepts: Endothermic reactions.
Time Required: 20 minutes
Chemicals Provided: Ammonium thiocyanate and barium hydroxide.
Note: A thermometer is required and available separately.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 406
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 335
You May Also Like
- Flinn Digital Thermometer
- Beakers, Borosilicate Glass, 50-mL
- Exothermic & Endothermic Reactions - An Energy Changes Laboratory Kit
- Discovering Instant Cold Packs - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Superheated Steam - Demonstration Kit
- Whoosh Bottle - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Flaming Vapor Ramp - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Knock Your Socks Off Apparatus Kit - Reaction of Calcium Carbide
- Energy and Thermodynamics DVD Set
- Thermochemistry, Flinn Chemtopic Labs Book, Volume 10