The Merit still's combination of features and its low price make it perfect for the school laboratory. Features include:
• High output: 4 liters per hour!
• High quality water: Suitable for general laboratory purposes.
• High efficiency coil condenser
• Safe: Automatic shutoff
• Easy cleaning: No hazardous dismantling necessary
The still is made of a sturdy borosilicate glass that allows perfect viewing of the distillation process. Glass is exposed so the still requires a good location to avoid accidental breakage. A built-in thermostat protects the still from overheating if the water supply should fail. It is mounted on a metal stand that sits on a table or can mount on a wall. The still produces high quality water that complies with the European Pharmacopoeia (the European equivalent of U.S.P.). Cleaning is easily done by adding the cleaning agent to a built-in funnel and drainer through a stopcock.
For operation on 220/240 V outlet, which would need to be installed by a licensed electrician before use. 50/60 Hz, UL listed. Dimensions are 20" x 6" x 18".
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 218
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 184
You May Also Like
- Water Distiller, Benchtop
- Barnstead Mega-Pure® Water Still
- Portable Water Still, Barnstead
- Classic Water Still, Barnstead
- Water, Distilled, 4 liters
- Demineralizer, Barnstead, Bantam®
- Clearing Water with Alum - Demonstration Kit
- Water Purification - Student Laboratory Kit
- pH and Conductivity Meter, Benchtop
- Water Softening - Guided-Inquiry Kit