Identify “unknown” solids that are commonly found in the kitchen. This kitchen chemistry laboratory kit is an excellent way to introduce basic chemical concepts and to develop students' problem-solving skills. Challenge students to discover the identity of four “mystery” solids, which may contain one, two, three, or all four of the solids, in any combination. Students use the scientific method and learn about chemical reactions, indicators, melting point, and solubility as they determine the identity of these common kitchen solids. Includes "mystery" solids and all necessary chemicals and consumable supplies.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 445
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 477
You May Also Like
- Flinn Scientific Electronic Balance, 410 x 0.01-g
- Hot Plate, Flinn, 7" X 7"
- Kitchen Chemistry Liquids - Student Laboratory Kit
- Boning Up on Calcium - Microscale Analysis of Calcium in Milk - Student Laboratory Kit
- Chemistry of Food Additives - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- Determination of Iron in Dietary Supplements - Student Laboratory Kit
- Food Analysis - Testing Some Common Foods - Student Laboratory Kit
- Total Acidity - Titration of Fruit Juices - Student Laboratory Kit
- Milk Is a Natural - Biology, Chemistry, and Nutrition Laboratory Kit
- Chemistry of Food, Flinn Chemtopic Labs Book, Volume 23