We converted a simple 18" fluorescent light fixture into a handy ultraviolet lamp. Use this black light to discover which substances fluoresce or phosphoresce when exposed to longwave ultraviolet light. Show your students that everyday products like Vaseline®, Sensodyne® toothpaste, and Liquid Tide® all fluoresce under a black light. Demonstration/instruction sheet provided. Fixture operates on 120 V AC/60 Hz. UL listed.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 301
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 204
You May Also Like
- Ultraviolet Lamp, Hand-Held
- Ultraviolet Pen Light
- Beyond the Rainbow—Discovering Infrared and Ultraviolet Light
- Making UV-Sensitive Paper - Student Laboratory Kit
- Sun Print Paper
- Ultraviolet Detecting Beads, Assorted, 240/pkg
- Ultraviolet Lamp, Short Wave
- Ultraviolet Lamp, Sliding Selector
- Ultraviolet Lamp, Versalume
- UV Intensity Meter and Lens Tester