Students learn the relationship between pressure and air volume and how air volume acts to regulate buoyancy by constructing Cartesian divers made of simple equipment and materials. Procedures for constructing 11 different types of Cartesian divers are provided in a detailed write-up.
Super Value Kit is complete with 100 pipets and hex nuts. Requires water and two-liter soda bottles. Includes Flinn Exclusive STEM Integration Guide!
“Play around” with pressure, volume, density, and buoyancy using Cartesian divers. Requires simple materials . . . and a lot of imagination.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 460
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 267
You May Also Like
- Beral Pipets, Graduated, 500/pkg
- Beakers, Borosilicate Glass, 600-mL
- Discovering Density - Looking for Patterns and Trends - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Squidy Cartesian Diver
- It's All About Density - An Introductory Super Value Activity-Stations Kit
- Hook Cartesian Diver
- Conservation of Mass and Buoyancy - Student Laboratory Kit
- Cartesian Diver Pump Cap "Fizz-Keeper"
- Measurement Challenge - A Density Super Value Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Boyle's Law in a Bottle - Super Value Laboratory Kit