Melting point determination is one of the most common analytical tests used to identify unknown substances. In this introductory kit, students investigate the melting points of four non-toxic pure substances. Kit includes capillary melting point tubes, rubber bands, and the four pure compounds for investigation.
Complete for 24 students working in groups of two.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 492
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 354
You May Also Like
- Hot Plate, Flinn, 7" X 7"
- Flinn Digital Thermometer
- Preparing and Diluting Solutions - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Solids and Liquids - Activity-Stations Kit
- Separation of a Mixture by Filtration - Student Laboratory Kit
- It's Just a Phase - Heating and Cooling Curves - Student Laboratory Kit
- Separation of a Mixture - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Analysis of Simple Mixtures - Student Laboratory Kit
- Liquid Crystals - How Do They Do That? Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Solids and Liquids, Flinn ChemTopic Labs Book, Volume 11