What chemicals make up our cleaners? Students experiment with properties of lip balms, soaps, and cleaning products and learn the role of chemistry and technology in designing effective products to sanitize and disinfect. Some of the nine activities include making a liquid hand soap, preparing and testing lard soap, cleaning cold surfaces, and testing and developing a window cleaner. 1999, 76 pages.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1027
You May Also Like
- Chemistry of Organic Compounds, Flinn Chemtopic Labs Book, Volume 19
- Atoms, Molecules, and Ions DVD Set
- Chemical Dictionary, Hawley's Condensed
- Fat Chance - The Chemistry of Lipids Book
- Chain Gang - The Chemistry of Polymers Book
- Hands-on Chemistry Activities With Real-life Applications
- Chemistry of Soap, Detergents Cosmetics, Learning Activity Package
- Soap-Making - Student Laboratory Kit
- Effects of Disinfectants and Antiseptics on Bacteria - Student Laboratory Kit
- Prudent Practices in the Laboratory: Handling and Management of Chemical Hazards