Investigate how different types of metals conduct heat as you hold the center of the conductometer over a flame. Small amounts of wax placed in wells at the end of each metal rod melt at different rates demonstrating the relative thermal conductivity of each metal. The five metal rods are steel, nickel (or iron), aluminum, copper, and brass. Wooden handle and instructions are provided.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 668
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 325
You May Also Like
Conduction, Convection, and Radiation -
- Convection and Ventilation Box
- Superheated Steam - Demonstration Kit
- Density Box Demonstration
- Convection of Liquids Tube
- Hand Boiler
- Heat Convection in Fluids Demo Kit
- Heat Transfer Kit
- Heat and Temperature - Student Laboratory Kit
- Hero's Engine