Investigate how different types of metals conduct heat as you hold the center of the conductometer over a flame. Small amounts of wax placed in wells at the end of each metal rod melt at different rates demonstrating the relative thermal conductivity of each metal. The five metal rods are steel, nickel (or iron), aluminum, copper, and brass. Wooden handle and instructions are provided.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 621
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 311
You May Also Like
- Heat Transfer Kit
- Density Box Demonstration
- Convection and Ventilation Box
- Convection of Liquids Tube
- Superheated Steam - Demonstration Kit
- Heat and Temperature - Student Laboratory Kit
- Hero's Engine
Conduction, Convection, and Radiation -
- Heat Convection in Fluids Demo Kit
- Hand Boiler