Demonstrate the effect of pressure on a volume of gas. This easy-to-use apparatus is made of a 10-mL calibrated plastic syringe, a piston supporting a metal hanger, and a pinch clamp. Students produce a graph showing the relationship between pressure and volume by varying the mass on the metal hanger and recording the change in volume.
Includes eight-page handout with detailed teacher notes, background information, and two reproducible student laboratory handouts.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 656
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 363
You May Also Like
- Pressure Bottle
- Collapsing Can Demonstraion
- Magdeberg Hemispheres, Rubber
- Atmosphere Bar
- Investigating Pressure Activity-Stations Laboratory Kit
- Up, Up and Away - Hot Air Balloon Student Activity Kit
- Breaking Board Paradox - Demonstration Kit
- Boyle's Law in a Bottle - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Elasticity of Gas Apparatus