Determine the specific gravity of ten different materials and then use the density values to identify each material. Set of 10 specimens includes aluminum, brass, copper, glass, graphite, lead, polyvinyl chloride, polyethylene, steel, and polystyrene. Four-page handout includes background, lab activity procedure and reproducible student data table, calculations, and questions.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 591
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 272
You May Also Like
- Specific Gravity Block Set
- Specific Gravity Metal Specimens Set
- Galileo Glass Multicolor Thermometer, 13"
- Weight of Air Apparatus
- Build a Mini Hovercraft - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Archimedes' Principle Kit
- Buoyancy in Air - Mass vs. Weight Demonstration Kit
- Conservation of Mass and Buoyancy - Student Laboratory Kit
- Build Your Own Hydrometer - Student Laboratory Kit
- Measurement Challenge - A Density Super Value Guided-Inquiry Kit