What is polarized light, and what effect does polarized light have on the appearance of an object? Introduce your students to the principles of polarization using this fun kit. The activities may be used to demonstrate the transverse wave characteristic of light and to illustrate the properties of birefringence and interference colors. The effect of crystal structure on the properties of light is also observed. Kit includes two polarizing film squares, one piece of mica, one calcite crystal, three clear plastic eating utensils, one ¼ wave retarder, and complete instructions. An overhead projector is needed.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 728
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 441
You May Also Like
- Kaleidoscoptical Activity - Demonstration Kit
- Polarizing Film, 6" X 6"
- Holographic Diffraction Grating Film
- Flinn C-Spectra™, 8" x 10" Sheet
- Spectroscope, Advanced
- Blackboard Optics Kit, Magnetic
- Flinn Electromagnetic Spectrum Chart
- Refraction and Total Internal Reflection—Individual Kit
- Principles of Reflection and Optical Illusions
- Build a Telescope-Student Kit