A rancher drills a well on the outskirts of a rural community and submits a sample for analysis. A potentially serious pollutant is found. The student's assignment is to determine the extent of the pollutant's spread and to pinpoint its source so the community can assess and remedy the problem. In the process the students will select test well sites, “analyze” samples from the selected wells, map the extent and concentration levels of the pollutant, and submit proposals for addressing the problem.
Complete for 30 students working in groups of three. Consumables are easily replaced for indefinite use.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1052
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 489
You May Also Like
- Soil Analysis - Forensic Laboratory Kit
- Soil Contamination - Forensics Laboratory Kit
- Stream Contamination - Forensics Laboratory Kit
- Who Is Littering? Forensics Super Value Kit
- Chemical Pollution in Water - A Qualitative Ion Test Super Value Kit
- Buffering Lakes and Streams—Environmental Science Demonstration Kit
- Exploring Groundwater Activity-Stations Laboratory Kit
- Lead in Water - Student Laboratory Kit
- Cleaning Up with Iron Demonstration Kit
- Why Is The Water Green? - Student Laboratory Kit