The Lambda DNA used in this experiment is isolated as a linear molecule from the E. coli bacteriophage lambda. It comprises approximately 49,000 base pairs and has five recognition sites for Eco RI. Students will run a comparison-based electrophoresis gel to demonstrate and interpret the results of the treatment of Lambda DNA with Eco RI. They will compare it to uncut Lambda DNA and to Lambda DNA cut with Hind III. As the sizes of the Hind III fragments are given, students will also be able to estimate the sizes of the resulting Eco RI fragments.
This kit includes all materials for five standard gels. Requires electrophoresis apparatus, power supply, water bath, transparent acetate sheet and distilled or deionized water.
The DNA contained in this kit must be kept frozen prior to use. Orders will only be shipped between September 15 and May 15 unless we are told otherwise. Upon receipt, this kit should be stored in the freezer until just before it is to be used.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 815
You May Also Like
- Six Gel Electrophoresis Apparatus
- Electrophoresis Lab Station
- A Process to Dye for: Gel Electrophoresis - Student Laboratory Kit
Biotechnology for Young Scientists -
Student Laboratory Kit
- DNA Forensics - Student Laboratory Kit
- DNA Fingerprinting 1
- DNA Paternity Testing - Student Laboratory Kit
- Why Do People Look Different? Student Laboratory Kit
- Gel Electrophoresis Simulation
- The Genetics of Cancer - Student Laboratory Kit