Student interest is always high when the topic of study is their own human body. Students become the test organism as they perform a series of experiments using their own senses. Taste, smell, hearing, sight, and touch are all explored in a series of fun, safe activities. Students will be amazed when they determine their dominant eye, find their blind spot, are unable to sense things on their skin, and are not able to taste some common food items. The series of experiments in this kit are an excellent introduction to the study of the sense organs of the human body.
Enough materials are provided in this kit for 30 students working in pairs. Food items will need to be provided locally.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 807
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 616
You May Also Like
- Astigmatism Student Laboratory Activity
- Peripheral Vision - Student Laboratory Kit
- Sight and Sound Lab
- Understanding Sound and Hearing - Student Laboratory Kit
- Visual Perception - Super Value Activity-Stations Kit
- Two-Point Discriminator
- Reflex Hammer
- Human Reflex Study - Student Laboratory Kit
- Measuring Reaction Time - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Color Blindness Test Cards, 10-Plate Edition