A kit for typing simulated blood samples that incorporates a few added dimensions. Included are eight distinct blood samples, each of which can be ABO typed, Rh factor typed, and tested for the presence of HIV antibodies-indicative of exposure to AIDS. Hands-on activity is essential to conveying the various concepts involved in blood typing and this is close to the real thing. The agglutination reactions in the positive tests closely approximate those seen with real blood. This activity is perfectly safe as no human (or animal) blood or blood products of any kind are used.
Complete for three classes of 30 students, working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 782
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 603
You May Also Like
- ABO Simulated Blood Typing Kit
- ABO/Rh Simulated Blood Typing Kit
- A Molecular Approach to Understanding HIV
- ABO Blood Typing Kit
- ABO/Rh Blood Typing Kit
- Blood Typing Sera; Anti A, Anti B, And Anti-Rh
- Antibody Function—Student Activity Kit
- Counting Simulated Red Blood Cells Using a Hemocytometer
- Estimating Hemoglobin Concentration—Student Laboratory Kit
- Physiology of the Human Circulatory System