Learn how fun it is to make cheese right in your lab—your students will love it too! This kit teaches the basic process, adapted centuries ago, of cheese-making using a harmless bacteria and a fermentation-derived clotting enzyme. This sneak peek into the industrial process of cheese-making will allow your students to appreciate the fairly specific temperatures and pH requirements of enzymes and the commercial value of bacteria! Includes powdered dry milk, chymosin, cheesecloth, and complete teaching instructions.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 443
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 475
You May Also Like
- Hot Plate, Flinn, 7" X 7"
- Flinn Digital Thermometer
- Little Miss Muffet Learns to Make Cheese - Student Laboratory Kit
- Milk Is a Natural - Biology, Chemistry, and Nutrition Laboratory Kit
- Boning Up on Calcium - Microscale Analysis of Calcium in Milk - Student Laboratory Kit
- Kitchen Chemistry Liquids - Student Laboratory Kit
- Kitchen Chemistry Solids - Student Laboratory Kit
- Bacteria in Milk - Student Laboratory Kit
- Cheesecloth, 4 Square Yards
- Chemistry of Food, Flinn Chemtopic Labs Book, Volume 23