Once your students have assembled their own model of DNA they'll have a much clearer picture of how it looks and works. The assembled models are flexible enough to twist into the double helix structure and can be “unzipped”-allowing the students to simulate the replication process. 12 assemblies are included and when completed they can all be linked together to form a DNA segment more than nine feet long. Components are durable and reusable.
Kit includes: 12 complete sets of the following-four each of cytosine, thymine, adenine, and guanine (color-coded), eight hydrogen bonds, 16 phosphate groups, and 16 deoxyribose groups.
Materials provided for 24 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 909
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 591
You May Also Like
- Genetic Code Kit
- DNA/RNA Protein Synthesis Kit
- Flinn DNA Molecular Model Set, 11-tier
- Flow of Genetic Information Kit
- Nucleic Acid Molecular Structure Kit
- Student DNA Model Kit
- Human Karyotyping Kit
- Karyotyping with Ideograms - Super Value Kit
- Magnetic Karyotypes—Biological Demonstration Kit
- PCR Simulation Kit