Students will have the opportunity to construct and study the basic components of the DNA and RNA molecules. They will assemble an individual nucleotide after first building its three component parts: a five-carbon sugar (ribose or deoxyribose), a phosphate group, and a nitrogen base. When each group has constructed their nucleotide they can link the models together. Components are durable and reusable.
Kit includes: 12 complete sets of the following-10 carbon centers, 11 oxygen centers, 5 nitrogen centers, 1 phosphorus center, 19 hydrogen atoms, and 49 covalent bonds.
Materials provided for 24 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 910
You May Also Like
- Nucleotide Model Kit
- DNA/RNA Protein Synthesis Kit
- Flinn DNA Molecular Model Set, 11-tier
- Flow of Genetic Information Kit
- Blue Pop Beads, 1-hole, Pkg/300
- Student DNA Model Kit
- Karyotyping with Ideograms - Super Value Kit
- Magnetic Karyotypes—Biological Demonstration Kit
- PCR Simulation Kit
- Preparation of Human Chromosome Spreads Kit