Fictitious organisms, the Norits from the planet Norad, provide an excellent and motivating first experience in the use of a dichotomous key. The unique and unfamiliar structures possessed by the Norits create interest as students use the provided dichotomous key to identify the genus and species name of all ten provided organisms. After naming the ten provided organisms, students will then be challenged to draw diagrams of other Norits. An excellent introductory, hands-on activity using a dichotomous key.
Master materials are provided so that all students can do the keying individually.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 902
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 547
You May Also Like
- Tree Finder
- Flower Finder
- Leaf Identification Kit
- Seed Identification Kit
- Wildflower Identification Kit
- The Relationships Game - Student Activity Kit
- Principles of Classification Kit
- Macroinvertebrate Identification Kit
- How a Food Web is Formed Game - Student Laboratory Kit
- Fun with Classification Student Laboratory Kit