In a single laboratory period students will have the opportunity to prepare their own slides of squashed root tips. The staining technique used will allow students to scan their slides for cells in various stages of mitosis. The specially treated root tips have been fixed at maximum mitotic activity to ensure a successful search. An opportunity to study mitosis while gaining experience in micro-technique and staining. Recommended for classes at all levels.
Materials supplied for 30 students working individually. Microscopes are required.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 974
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 601
You May Also Like
- Allele's Crossing Over to the Other Side - Student Laboratory Kit
- Animal Cell Meiosis Model
- "Constructing" Mitosis The 5E Way
- The Cell Cycle- Simulation of Chromosome Behaviors
- DNA Staining - Student Laboratory Kit
- Magnetic Meiosis Models - Biology Demonstration Kit
- Magnetic Mitosis Demonstration - Biology Demonstration Kit
- Mitosis Study Kit
- Meiosis Chart
- Mitosis, Meiosis, and Cell Division Slide Set