Students will culture bacteria in simple infusion cultures and then prepare slides to observe and identify the bacteria through a microscope. Working individually, through self-paced experiments, students will gain vital and practical laboratory experience as they apply the classical Gram staining technique for bacterial identification.
Detailed instructions are provided and enough materials for 30 students. Microscopes are required to complete the laboratory.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 926
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 522
You May Also Like
- Exploring the World of Soil Protozoa - Student Laboratory Kit
- Yeast and Mold Soil Ecology Student Kit
- Discover Life in the Soil - Student Laboratory Kit
- Microbes Around Us- Student Laboratory Kit
- What's Living in YOUR Shower? Kit
- Bacterial Pollution (Coliform) - Student Laboratory Kit
- Bacteria Soil Ecology Kit
- Biofilms- Student Laboratory Activity
- Sam 'n Ella's Cafe-Food Poisoning Simulation
- The Glowing Germ Contamination - Demonstration Kit