Students will be amazed to learn that a plant can be classified just by looking at its seeds! The size, shape, color and other characteristics are unique for each species. Students will be involved with hands-on activities that include classification of 12 species of tree seeds, identification of seed shapes and forms, and differentiation of various methods of seed dispersal. Kit includes 24 seeds (two samples of each type of tree seed), a reproducible Seed Identification Key, and a handout containing a detailed background section, easy-to-follow procedures, teacher tips and extension activities.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 904
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 508
You May Also Like
- Winter Tree Finder
- Pacific Coast Tree Finder Book
- Rocky Mountain Tree Finder Book
- Leaf Identification Kit
- Tree Finder
- Wildflower Identification Kit
- Taxonomic Keys Kit
- The Relationships Game - Student Activity Kit
- How a Food Web is Formed Game - Student Laboratory Kit
- Habitat Hold 'Em - Student Activity Kit