Start an agricultural revolution in your classroom with the equipment and instructions in this kit. Your students will team up with the redworm, Eisenia fetida, to discover concepts of recycling, decomposition, worm life cycles, soil ecology, and organic farming. The cycle begins when students prepare the bin, introduce the worms, and add the first food scraps. Bin maintenance is simple and, if proper conditions are met, the system remains odorless. The cycle is complete when students grow plants in the rich, organic soil they harvest from the bin.
Kit includes a tough, recycled plastic bin (19"
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 835
You May Also Like
- Redworms (Eisenia foetida), 100/pkg
- Naturebed™ Compressed Bedding
- Worm Farm - Complete
- All About Earthworms! Super Value Laboratory Kit
- McWorm: Invertebrate Fast Food Kit
- Experimental Design with Pillbugs
- LD50 Kit- Bioassay for Measuring Toxicity
- Nematode Study Kit
- Stuck-on Artemia Kit
- Two Heads are Better Than One - Planaria Regeneration Student Laboratory Kit