Escape-proof (a key feature) and break-resistant, the giant ant farm gives students a peek into the hidden world of nature's tiniest engineers. This is the largest classroom-sized version of the classic ant farm—15"W X 10"H!
Ants have a rich tradition of farming; varieties are known to operate aphid "dairy" farms, raise seed crops and cultivate mushrooms! The ant farm design allows observation of the developing network of tunnels, the interactions and cooperative activites of the ants, and the gathering and storage of food. The ant farm includeds: special sand, food (for one year), the Ant Watcher's Handbook, watering dropper and a redeemable certificate for a "starter" group of ants.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 839
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 574
You May Also Like
- All About Earthworms! Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Worm Farm - Complete
- Worm Bedding - 1.5 lb pkg
- Worm Composting Kit - Complete with postage-paid coupon for one pound of redworms
- McWorm: Invertebrate Fast Food Kit
- Experimental Design with Pillbugs
- LD50 Kit- Bioassay for Measuring Toxicity
- Nematode Study Kit
- Stuck-on Artemia Kit
- Two Heads are Better Than One - Planaria Regeneration Student Laboratory Kit