Provide your students with an exciting method to study and compare plant pigments. Using thin-layer chromatography, students can separate and compare chlorophylls and accessory pigments found in two different plants. This kit makes it easy to set up and perform this interesting experiment and get terrific results within a single class period. Perfect for biology, botany, or environmental science studies!
Complete for 30 students working in pairs. Perform this experiment in a fume hood or well-ventilated lab.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 990
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 530
You May Also Like
- Parafilm® M, 4" X 125', Roll
- Thin Layer Chromatography Sheet, 20 x 20 cm
- Introduction to Thin-Layer Chromatography - Student Laboratory Kit
- TLC of Fruit Juices - Student Laboratory Kit
- Radial Chromatography - Chemistry with an Artistic Flair! Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Chromatography Challenge - Science, Inquiry, and Art - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Food Dye Chromatography - Student Laboratory Kit
- Introduction to Paper Chromatography - Student Laboratory Kit
- Plant Pigments and Photosynthesis Laboratory Kit - AP Biology Lab 4, 3 Groups
- Elements, Compounds and Mixtures, Flinn ChemTopic Labs Book, Volume 2