A thorough, hands-on introduction to home water quality for grades 4-8. Divided into five units, the tour provides students the opportunity to learn what's in the water they drink, where it comes from, and how it's treated to make it safe. Each student will test his own tapwater for pH, chlorine, hardness, iron, and copper. Tests are conducted using safe and simple reagent tablets. Each unit includes lecture materials, reproducible handouts, test procedures, and wrap-up exercises.
Materials supplied for 50 students to perform each test on their own water sample.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1042
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 690
You May Also Like
- Pondwater Tour Test Kit
- GREEN™ Low Cost Water Monitoring Kit
- GREEN Advanced Water Monitoring Kit
- A Demo A Day - A Year of Earth Science Demonstrations Book
- Limnological Analysis Kit
- Marine Science Test Outfit
- Water Quality Educator and Monitoring Outfit
- Water Quality Index (WQI) Field Trip - Student Laboratory Kit
- Exploring Groundwater Activity-Stations Laboratory Kit
- Ammonia in Water Test Kit