A two-part experiment to solidify the concepts of osmosis, diffusion, and semi-permeable membranes. Students will conduct trials first with dialysis tubing (an artificial membrane), and then with plant tissue (a natural membrane). They will compare and contrast the two systems and become familiar with the terms hypotonic, isotonic, and hypertonic. Relate these concepts to water balance in living organisms and evolution.
Materials supplied for 24 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 898
You May Also Like
- Concentrating on Equilibrium - Super Value Kit
- Dialysis Fundamentals Experiment Kit
- Diffusion Demonstration Model
- Diffusion and Osmosis - Student Laboratory Kit
- Double Thistle Tube, Osmosis Apparatus
- Exploring the Rate of Diffusion - Student Laboratory Kit
- Cell Size and Diffusion - Student Laboratory Kit
- Introduction to Osmosis and Diffusion: Student Laboratory Kit
- Disposable Dialysis Tubing Clamps
- Dialysis Bag Holder, Pkg. of 6