Now your students can conduct real bacteriology labs-without real bacteria. Ideal for middle-level students and for teachers lacking the facilities or the inclination to work with bacteria-and without the hassles of ordering, culturing and incubating. The simulated bacterial “cells” can be stored at room temperature, prepared when you need them, and engineered to function just like the real thing. Students will conduct the following experiments using standard microbiological techniques:
• Microscopic observation of bacterial morphology
• Smearing, heat fixing and Gram staining
• Biochemical assays for enzymatic activity
All of the exercises generate realistic results and prepare your students for more advanced work.
Materials provided for 24 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 930
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 523
You May Also Like
- Antibiotic Sensitivity Testing Student Laboratory Kit
- Bacteria Soil Ecology Kit
- Introductory Bacteria Morphology Demonstration
- Bacterial Pollution (Coliform) - Student Laboratory Kit
- Biofilms- Student Laboratory Activity
- Hide and Seek: A Coliform Testing Kit
- Microbe Hunting Kit
- Mold Testing Kit
- Sam 'n Ella's Cafe-Food Poisoning Simulation
- Winogradsky Column: Biosphere in a Bottle Kit