Perform coliform testing without the mess of making and sterilizing Petri dishes! This kit uses the revolutionary new Petrifilm™ culture plates. E.coli Coliform Plates are ready for immediate use when you receive them. The paper-thin media film is not activated until you inoculate it with your test samples. The unique indicator dyes in the media make counting coliform colonies easy.
The activity in this kit is an open-ended, inquiry activity in which students test items of their own design for coliform presence. Your students will be amazed to find out that water that looks clear may be harboring dangerous pathogens. Kit includes complete instructions for using Petrifilm Plates, activity suggestions, a package of 25 Petrifilm E.coli Coliform Plates, Petrifilm spreaders, and teacher demonstration materials. The E.coli culture is available separately.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 932
You May Also Like
- Exploring the World of Soil Protozoa - Student Laboratory Kit
- Yeast and Mold Soil Ecology Student Kit
- Discover Life in the Soil - Student Laboratory Kit
- Microbes Around Us- Student Laboratory Kit
- What's Living in YOUR Shower? Kit
- Bacterial Pollution (Coliform) - Student Laboratory Kit
- Introductory Bacteria Study Kit
- Biofilms- Student Laboratory Activity
- Sam 'n Ella's Cafe-Food Poisoning Simulation
- The Glowing Germ Contamination - Demonstration Kit