A fun kinesthetic way to teach DNA structure and restriction enzymes. Every student in your class becomes a coded nucleotide and together the entire class will form a giant DNA molecule. Students will personally experience the antiparallel and coding structure of DNA. Once built, the giant DNA molecule is cut by a restriction enzyme. Then the challenge for each DNA fragment team is to run an obstacle course simulating gel electrophoresis. This DNA activity will be remembered! A Flinn workshop.
Kit includes: base pair connecting rods for 30 students and complete teaching instructions.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 878
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 594
You May Also Like
- Codon Bingo
- Genetic Code at Work Poster
- DNA in Action Kit
- DNA Isolation - Student Laboratory Kit
- DNA Code of Life T-shirt
- DNA Sequencing Simulation Kit
- Palindromes and DNA Symmetry- Concept Attainment Activity
- Flow of Genetic Information Kit
- Flinn DNA Molecular Model Set, 11-tier
- Recombinant DNA—Student Laboratory Kit