Introductory metabolism studies with living organisms are greatly simplified when using the unique metabolism chambers in this kit. Students can observe small living organisms and draw correlations between the size of an organism, temperature of the environment, and oxygen consumption. Sow bugs, meal worms, snails, crickets, worms or germinating seeds make excellent subjects for measuring the rate of oxygen consumption. After data has been collected students calculate the respiratory rate of the organism and determine the cubic cm of oxygen per kg per hour. An excellent lab with high student interest and hands-on involvement.
The kit includes detailed instructions, two unbreakable metabolism chambers, and all of the chemicals and equipment needed for two student teams. Living organisms are sold separately.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 773
You May Also Like
- Alcohol Fermentation Demonstration Kit
- Chemicals of Life - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Aerobic Respiration and Fermentation Made Easy Kit
- Help From MOM - The Biochemistry of Antacids
- Effects of Drugs Kit
- Sun Protection Factor Kit
- Yeast - On The Job
- Cell Respiration Laboratory Kit- AP Biology Lab 5, 3 Groups
- Exercise, CO2, and Respiration - Student Laboratory Kit
- Breathing Fitness Lab