The use and abuse of drugs are subjects of immense social importance. Young people are asked to form opinions and make real-life decisions about drugs every day. Many times these decisions are not scientifically based. This kit will provide the students with an understanding of what a drug is and how it affects a living organism. Experimenting with a living organism, instead of just reading a written description, allows students to see first-hand the profound effects that simple over-the-counter drugs can have on the test organism, Daphnia.
The kit requires the use of a microscope and living Daphnia (ordered separately). The materials provided are sufficient for a class of 30 working in pairs. All drugs are safe, over-the-counter drugs in dilute solutions.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 875
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 615
You May Also Like
- Analysis of Over-the-Counter Drugs - Student Laboratory Kit
- Aspirin Testing - Student Laboratory Kit
- Identification of Unknown Substances II - Forensic Laboratory Kit
- Alcohol Fermentation Demonstration Kit
- Chemicals of Life - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Aerobic Respiration and Fermentation Made Easy Kit
- Help From MOM - The Biochemistry of Antacids
- Metabolism Experiment
- Sun Protection Factor Kit
- Yeast - On The Job