Genetically engineered and mass produced, the enzyme chymosin is now the premiere enzyme for cheese manufacturing. It is also a perfect enzyme for classroom studies. It is inexpensive, fast-acting, safe and very consistent in controlled studies. Your students will make curds and whey using milk and chymosin as they study the first intermediate step in the cheese-making process. After witnessing the basic reaction, students will become involved in designing their own controlled experiments to learn more about regulating the curding reaction of chymosin.
Complete enough chymosin to curd 100 L of milk.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 445
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 476
You May Also Like
- Flinn Digital Thermometer
- Beakers, Borosilicate Glass, 250-mL
- Cheese-Making - Student Laboratory Kit
- Milk Is a Natural - Biology, Chemistry, and Nutrition Laboratory Kit
- Boning Up on Calcium - Microscale Analysis of Calcium in Milk - Student Laboratory Kit
- Kitchen Chemistry Liquids - Student Laboratory Kit
- Kitchen Chemistry Solids - Student Laboratory Kit
- Bacteria in Milk - Student Laboratory Kit
- Cheesecloth, 4 Square Yards
- Chemistry of Food, Flinn Chemtopic Labs Book, Volume 23