Students count the corn kernels of various phenotypes on ears of genetic corn. Based upon their data and calculated predictions, students will be able to establish the genotype of the parent corn that produced their laboratory specimen. Two different types of F2 corn ears are provided in the kit. Some display an expected F2 dihybrid 9:3:3:1 ratio while an alternative set of ears display a 1:1:1:1 dihybrid F2 ratio. The genetic corn ears can be reused year after year.
Kit includes eight 9:3:3:1 ears, eight 1:1:1:1 ears, marking pins, and a Flinn Bio-Fax Instruction Guide with complete instructional guidelines.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 915
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 592
You May Also Like
- Albino Tobacco Seeds
- Corn, Segregating Ears, 3 Purple:1 White
- Corn, Segregating Seeds, 3 Normal:1 Albino
- Genetically-Modified Food - Student Laboratory Kit
- Heredity and Environment Kit
- Dihybrid Cross Poster
- Botheads - A Genetic Variation Simulation
- Discover the Possibilities! A Genetics Probability Activity
- Genetics - Laboratory and Classroom Activities Book
- Human Karyotyping Kit