Students actually produce the possible precursors of life-coacervates. The liquid, colloidal suspension produced by students will exhibit some of the same properties of living organisms. When the membrane-like structures surrounding the droplets are stained, the coacervates look even more life-like.
The kit requires a compound microscope and slides. Enough materials are provided for 30 students working individually or in teams.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1000
You May Also Like
- Gene Pool and Natural Selection Kit
- Natural Selection - Super Value Kit
- Spontaneous Generation Origin of Microbes Demonstration Kit
- Stick Bug Survival Kit
- Is It Alive? - Concept Attainment Activity
- Biology Coloring Books - Human Evolution
- Population Genetics and Evolution Laboratory Kit- AP Biology Lab 8
- Microfossils Student Activity Kit
- Yeast - On The Job
- Heredity and Environment Kit