Let students design their own controlled experiments and discover the factors that affect the rate of enzyme reactions. This activity meets many of the higher level skills outlined in the National Science Standards. The laboratory investigations in this kit allow students to conduct experiments of their own design while studying the chemical reactions of a key cell enzyme, catalase. The unique “floating-disk” assay system will provide a new and fun alternative for your students as they study enzyme kinetics.
Enough materials are provided for 30 students working in pairs, or 15 groups of students. Materials provided include hydrogen peroxide, catalase source, Beral-type pipets, filter paper, plastic cups and fifteen 24-well, reusable reaction plates.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 871
You May Also Like
- Cylinder, Borosilicate Glass, 10 mL*
- Reaction Plates, 24-well
- Digestive Enzymes at Work - Student Laboratory Kit
- Enzyme Catalysis Model
- Enzymes - The Catalysts of Life - Student Laboratory Kit
- Juicing Enzymes: Enzymes Used in the Food Industry Student Lab Kit
- Enzyme Optimization Guided Inquiry Kit
- Lactose Intolerance Demo Kit
- Using Bacteria To Clean Clothes? Genetic Engineering in Action
- Little Miss Muffet Learns to Make Cheese - Student Laboratory Kit