Give students their initial experience in the chemistry of living matter by having them identify the basic macromolecules of the cell. This teacher-designed activity can be used as an introduction to any cell unit and will also serve as an excellent first experience to the proper protocols for performing chemical tests. Students will learn and perform standard tests for carbohydrates, proteins, lipids, and nucleic acids.
Super Value Kit is complete for 5 classes of 30 students working in pairs. Perform this experiment in a fume hood or well-ventilated lab.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 428
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 593
You May Also Like
- Water Bath, 5.5-L
- Floating Microcentrifuge Tube Rack
- Introduction to Carbohydrates - Structure and Properties - Student Laboratory Kit
- Food Analysis Mystery - Forensic Laboratory Kit
- Identifying Proteins and Amino Acids - Student Laboratory Kit
- Amino Acid Fingerprints - Demonstration Kit
- Food Analysis - Testing Some Common Foods - Student Laboratory Kit
- Physical Properties of Proteins - Student Laboratory Kit
- Properties of Lipids - Student Laboratory Kit
- Biochemistry - The Molecules of Life, Flinn Chemtopic Labs Book, Volume 20