Don't have students just read or listen to you talk about DNA, RNA, and protein synthesis. Get them up out of their chairs and involved in transcription and translation! The coded messages on the DNA and tRNA code cards in this kit will add fun to learning how the genetic code works. Students will get their individual DNA-coded message from the nucleus, leave the nucleus, travel to a ribosome, and translate the code into a clear word message. If no mutations have occurred, the word message can be quickly verified as correctly decoded.
Seven cell sites can be set up using the DNA and tRNA cards provided in the kit. Enough materials are provided for 30 students working individually or in groups.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 914
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 596
You May Also Like
- Discover the Possibilities! A Genetics Probability Activity
- Genetics - Laboratory and Classroom Activities Book
- Genetics of Taste - Student Laboratory Kit
- A Demo A Day™ - A Year of Biological Demonstrations
The Genetics of Drosophila Eye Color - Advanced Inquiry Laboratory Kit
Big Idea 1
- Human Karyotyping Kit
- Karyotyping with Ideograms - Super Value Kit
- Magnetic Karyotypes—Biological Demonstration Kit
- PCR Simulation Kit
- Preparation of Human Chromosome Spreads Kit