Learn the “science” behind making recycled paper. Every student will make his or her own recycled pulp and press it into a 3" x 5" piece of paper. Once the paper is made, students will test it for writeability and strength. Student experimental recipes will yield a wide variety of papers with different properties.
The process utilized in this activity simulates the major steps involved in the real manufacturing of recycled paper. Students will remember this involving activity for a long time and will develop an appreciation for what is involved in recycling paper. Includes deckle frames, screen filters, couching felts, linters and complete teaching instructions.
Complete for 8 student groups. Recycled paper will need to be provided locally.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1057
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 687
You May Also Like
- Worm Composting Kit - Complete with postage-paid coupon for one pound of redworms
- Landfill Decomposition Kit
- Recycling Plastics by Density - Student Laboratory Kit
- Recycling: Conserving Natural Resources, DVD
- Water Quality Index (WQI) Field Trip - Student Laboratory Kit
- Understanding Your Carbon Footprint Student Activity Kit
- Clearing Water with Alum - Demonstration Kit
- Air Pollution Investigation Super Value Kit
- Airborne Particulates Kit
- Cleaning Up with Iron Demonstration Kit