Learn how to isolate DNA from human cells-yours! DNA can be isolated from many types of tissue. In this activity, students extract DNA from their own cheek cells. The procedure for securing student cheek cells is safe and requires only a rinsing of the mouth with water. Isolating “personal” DNA adds a great deal of student interest to a lab that otherwise might be less than exciting.
Complete for 30 students working individually. Super Value Kit is complete for 5 classes of 30 students working individually.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 906
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 594
You May Also Like
- Codon Bingo
- DNA and Electrophoresis Simulation Kit
- DNA in Action Kit
- Genetic Code at Work Poster
- DNA Code of Life T-shirt
- DNA Sequencing Simulation Kit
- Palindromes and DNA Symmetry- Concept Attainment Activity
- Flow of Genetic Information Kit
- Flinn DNA Molecular Model Set, 11-tier
- Genetics of Taste - Student Laboratory Kit