Which is more important - Heredity or Environment? Students investigate this age-old question using albino tobacco seeds from heterozygous parents-ones that should produce a ratio of three green for every one albino tobacco plant. Some seeds are germinated in the light and others are germinated in the dark. Students must use their data to defend which is more important-heredity or environment. An excellent experiment to serve as a starting point for a more in-depth examination of this continuing question.
The kit includes enough tobacco seeds and germination materials for 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 916
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 593
You May Also Like
- Corn Genetics
- Corn, Segregating Ears, 3 Purple:1 White
- Corn, Segregating Seeds, 3 Normal:1 Albino
- Genetically-Modified Food - Student Laboratory Kit
- Albino Tobacco Seeds
- Dihybrid Cross Poster
- Botheads - A Genetic Variation Simulation
- Discover the Possibilities! A Genetics Probability Activity
- Genetics - Laboratory and Classroom Activities Book
- Human Karyotyping Kit