How much bacteria grows in refrigerated milk? What happens if milk stands out for a day or even for a few hours? Students test refrigerated milk, boiled milk, and room temperature milk to determine and compare their relative bacterial conditions. Students use the resazurin color reaction to demonstrate the relative amounts of bacteria in the various milk samples. Kit materials include the test tubes, powdered milk, and the resazurin test solution.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs. Super Value Kit is complete for 5 classes of 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 927
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 522
You May Also Like
- Sam 'n Ella's Cafe-Food Poisoning Simulation
- What's Living in YOUR Shower? Kit
- Antibiotic Sensitivity Testing Student Laboratory Kit
- Microbes Around Us- Student Laboratory Kit
- Bacterial Pollution (Coliform) - Student Laboratory Kit
- Bacteria Soil Ecology Kit
- Biofilms- Student Laboratory Activity
- The Glowing Germ Contamination - Demonstration Kit
- Yeast and Mold Soil Ecology Student Kit
- Microbiology-Laboratory Activities Manual