Students use this teacher-developed set of materials to design and build their own working model of a functioning enzyme. The polyethylene foam used in this activity allows the flexibility needed to make a working enzyme/substrate model. The materials are easy to cut and modify to show the active site and the major concepts of competitive and noncompetitive enzyme inhibition. Building the models and making them work will provide a hands-on way to teach very abstract concepts.
Enough materials are supplied for 30 students working in pairs with enough foam material for additional student experimentation and design.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 871
You May Also Like
- Digestive Enzymes at Work - Student Laboratory Kit
- Catalase Investigation Kit
- Enzymes - The Catalysts of Life - Student Laboratory Kit
- Juicing Enzymes: Enzymes Used in the Food Industry Student Lab Kit
- Enzyme Optimization Guided Inquiry Kit
- Lactose Intolerance Demo Kit
- Using Bacteria To Clean Clothes? Genetic Engineering in Action
- Little Miss Muffet Learns to Make Cheese - Student Laboratory Kit
- Essential Protein and Enzyme Multi-Demonstration Kit
- Evolution of Yeast—Guided-Inquiry Kit