Dramatically demonstrate the chemical activity at the anode and cathode of your electrophoresis apparatus. The color changes at the two ends of the electrophoresis tank will be very striking when no buffer is used. When you add buffer solution during the follow-up run, the color will not change! Students will quickly understand why a buffer solution is used in an electrophoresis apparatus.
Enough materials are provided for seven demonstrations. Requires electrophoresis apparatus and power supply.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 883
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 578
You May Also Like
- Six Gel Electrophoresis Apparatus
- Electrophoresis Lab Station
- A Process to Dye for: Gel Electrophoresis - Student Laboratory Kit
Biotechnology for Young Scientists -
Student Laboratory Kit
- DNA Forensics - Student Laboratory Kit
- DNA Fingerprinting 1
- DNA Paternity Testing - Student Laboratory Kit
- Why Do People Look Different? Student Laboratory Kit
- Gel Electrophoresis Simulation
- The Genetics of Cancer - Student Laboratory Kit