Striking real-life video and three-dimensional animation provide a vivid overview of the process of cell division. Your students will learn the central importance that cells play in life and the fact that living cells can only arise from other living cells via cell division. They'll distinguish mitosis from cytokinesis and view both plant and animal cells as they undergo the various phases of nuclear division. They'll also learn about the cell cycle, embryonic development, cancer, cell growth, and the production of sex cells following meiosis. DVD running time: 20 minutes.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 904
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 567
You May Also Like
- Mitosis, Meiosis, and Cell Division Slide Set
- Mitosis vs. Meiosis - Compariset
- Meiosis Chart
- Mitosis Chart
- Allele's Crossing Over to the Other Side - Student Laboratory Kit
- "Constructing" Mitosis The 5E Way
- The Cell Cycle- Simulation of Chromosome Behaviors
- Magnetic Meiosis Models - Biology Demonstration Kit
- Magnetic Mitosis Demonstration - Biology Demonstration Kit
- Mitosis Study Kit