Motivate your students with this cleverly designed embryology activity. Using a unique microscopic grid, students anchor brine shrimp cysts and watch their embryological development from a few cells to free-swimming larva! The stuck-on cyst technique allows students to systematically study hatching and monitor individual cysts. The excitement builds as their brine shrimp hatch, leaving the stuck cysts behind. Guaranteed to capture your students' interest! Teacher Notes, reproducible student handouts, and all necessary chemicals and specialized equipment are provided.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 840
You May Also Like
- High School Stereoscope, Flinn Economy Choice, Standard Illumination, (10X, 30X)
- LD50 Kit- Bioassay for Measuring Toxicity
- Experimental Design with Pillbugs
- Nematode Study Kit
- Two Heads are Better Than One - Planaria Regeneration Student Laboratory Kit
- Worm Composting Kit - Complete with postage-paid coupon for one pound of redworms
- Worm Farm - Complete
- All About Earthworms! Super Value Laboratory Kit
- McWorm: Invertebrate Fast Food Kit
- Brine Shrimp (Artemia) Hatchery