It's easy for students to learn mitosis when studying the large, individual mitotic drawings included in this kit. Students will match key process descriptions with specific mitotic drawings. Once matched, the drawings and descriptions can be arranged in their appropriate order to visualize the cell cycle. Work with the drawings can be done before or after students make their own slides from actively growing onion root tips. Students will grow their own root tips and follow a staining technique to find stages matching those in their set of mitosis drawings. After the hands-on laboratory work, students will have a better understanding of the dynamic process of mitosis.
The kit contains enough materials for 30 students working individually and includes copy masters of the mitosis drawings so that every student can have his or her own set of drawings.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 974
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 601
You May Also Like
- Meiosis Chart
- Mitosis Chart
- Allele's Crossing Over to the Other Side - Student Laboratory Kit
- Animal Cell Meiosis Model
- "Constructing" Mitosis The 5E Way
- The Cell Cycle- Simulation of Chromosome Behaviors
- DNA Staining - Student Laboratory Kit
- Magnetic Meiosis Models - Biology Demonstration Kit
- Magnetic Mitosis Demonstration - Biology Demonstration Kit
- Mitosis, Meiosis, and Cell Division Slide Set