What is the greenhouse effect? How did it get this name? Set up model mini-greenhouses and demonstrate the principles of the greenhouse effect for your students. In less than one class period, the measured temperature differences in the mini-greenhouses will be dramatic and reflect the exact trend that the greenhouse effect is having on the planet Earth. The results from this demonstration will serve as a launch pad for further research and stimulate lively discussion about the significance of the world data being collected.
The mini-greenhouse bottles, stopper, and reflecting flags are provided in the demonstration kit and can be reused many times. The demonstration does require three thermometers and a 200-watt light source. Teacher Demonstration Notes included.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 958
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 570
You May Also Like
- Acid Rain and Plants Kit
- Airborne Particulates Kit
- Effects of Air Pollution Kit
- Environmental Student Test Module
- Air Pollution Investigation Super Value Kit
- Greenhouse Effect and Global Warming - Student Laboratory Kit
- Plants and Pollution - Student Laboratory Kit
- Make Your Own Ozone Test Paper - Student Laboratory Kit
- Becker Bottles - One in a Million
- Understanding Your Carbon Footprint Student Activity Kit