Students design their own cell, gather internal cell structure materials, and then use an exclusive polymer to mold their own unique 3-D model of a cell. Flinn Cellgel™ is an easy melt-and-pour polymer that sets up as a “permanent,” clear gelatin. It doesn't get moldy and it can be kept for years in a sealed container. Making their own transparent cell models will emphasize the 3-D nature of a cell and help offset the flat cell image depicted when looking through a microscope. If you have students make cell models, you will definitely want to use Flinn Cellgel™!
Each kit contains eight melt-and-pour containers of Flinn Cellgel™ and directions for designing and molding cell models. If smaller working groups are desired or if every student will be making his own model, simply order the refill kit of Flinn Cellgel™. Materials for organelles are not included.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 894
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 582
You May Also Like
- Cell Signaling Poster
Electron Capture and Photosynthesis -
Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Exploring Plant and Animal Cells - Student Laboratory Kit
- Life Characteristics—Biological Demonstration Kit
- Prokaryotes vs. Eukaryotes - Student Microscopy Kit
- Membrane Properties - Student Laboratory Kit
- Mitochondria in Action - Student Laboratory Kit
- Cell Membrane Permeability - Student Laboratory Kit
- Plant and Animal Cell Mystery
- Plasma Membrane Model